- RSS Channel Showcase 7677330
- RSS Channel Showcase 5089674
- RSS Channel Showcase 2701706
- RSS Channel Showcase 3357536
Articles on this Page
- 12/12/17--06:38: _Self-Control Starts...
- 01/15/18--06:10: _The Black & White T...
- 03/08/18--06:23: _Help! I’m a Black &...
- 04/03/18--05:22: _For Christ’s Sake!
- 04/30/18--07:34: _Coping with Christ
- 05/09/18--06:39: _Happy Wife = Happy ...
- 06/28/18--06:30: _The Prodigal Son – ...
- 07/09/18--07:00: _Gaming Disorder?
- 08/25/18--06:00: _3 Ways to Communica...
- 10/26/18--06:36: _The Log & Speck in ...
- 12/12/17--06:38: Self-Control Starts Here…
- 01/15/18--06:10: The Black & White Thinking Leader
- 03/08/18--06:23: Help! I’m a Black & White Thinker and My Marriage is In Trouble!
- 04/03/18--05:22: For Christ’s Sake!
- 04/30/18--07:34: Coping with Christ
- 05/09/18--06:39: Happy Wife = Happy Life??
- 06/28/18--06:30: The Prodigal Son – An Alternate Ending
- 07/09/18--07:00: Gaming Disorder?
- 08/25/18--06:00: 3 Ways to Communicate Better with Your Spouse
- 10/26/18--06:36: The Log & Speck in Marriage
Watching the news (or scrolling online for news), we continue to see accusations about sexual harassment and impropriety by politicians, news icons, actors, and athletes. I had previously written about some of those incidents and thoughts to ponder (Hollywood & […]
Leaders come in all shapes, sizes, and personalities. If you can think back through all the leaders you’ve been under, whether in church or in employment, or even instructing you as teachers, you’ll find that there are strengths and weaknesses […]
Help! I'm a Black & White Thinker and my marriage is in trouble! Those who are more severe in their Black & White Thinking often struggle in relationships. They have a significant desire for successful relationships, but struggle due to the difficulty to understand and speak "relationally."
Young couple angry at each other sitting back to backfoundationsfred
“For Christ’s Sake!” This phrase is often said in disgust, anger, or is used almost meaninglessly in discussions. Christ’s name is used, but isn’t really considered because if it were, this phrase wouldn’t be used. Not too long ago I […]
I am convinced that we, as Americans, have a coping problem. We don't cope well with the difficult situations, problems, and feelings we have. We simply don't want to feel them because they are unpleasant and painful. Ask yourself, What do you do when you are hurt, depressed, sad, angry, guilty, or ashamed?
Cracked skin man in posefoundationsfred
Scripture adds some clarity to the "Happy Wife. Happy Life" counsel. As a matter of fact, Paul's instruction to husbands is not to make their wives happy, only to love them well.
Couple after quarrelfoundationsfred
What would have happened had the prodigal son refused his father's forgiveness?
Open bible with man and crossfoundationsfred
Recently, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a new diagnosis for the ICD-11 Diagnosis Manual (International Classification of Diseases). he new diagnosis is called “Gaming Disorder.” According to WHO, a Gaming Disorder is a “pattern of gaming behavior (“digital-gaming” or […]
Marriage counseling can be one of the most difficult and rewarding experiences in the office. Many couples know they can get better, but they have a hard time resolving conflicts and becoming closer because they can’t communicate. On the surface, […]
Couple after quarrelfoundationsfred
Marriage counseling, at best, has a 50% success rate with the best of counselors. Although there may be many reasons for this, marriage counseling is often not successful because husbands or wives find it difficult to see beyond their hurt. They look at the hurtful actions of their spouse while having a difficult time seeing or understanding how their own actions are impacting the marriage. In other words, we see ourselves more as the victims of our spouses, rather than active participants in a bad marriage. If we do recognize our own actions, we understate how our actions impact the other person. Or to put it another way, we see our own actions as the speck, and our spouse's actions as the log.