- RSS Channel Showcase 8827868
- RSS Channel Showcase 6051607
- RSS Channel Showcase 5578548
- RSS Channel Showcase 4468186
Articles on this Page
- 01/28/13--07:43: _I’m Just Not Motiva...
- 02/21/13--10:18: _No Thought, After T...
- 03/28/13--08:16: _Christ-Reflecting B...
- 04/02/13--06:51: _Christ-Reflecting B...
- 06/14/13--11:53: _Father’s Day Worship
- 07/03/13--14:18: _Praying With Your S...
- 08/23/13--06:26: _When You Are Disapp...
- 09/12/13--07:54: _The Teen Challenge ...
- 10/14/13--07:46: _From Bitter to Better
- 11/26/13--06:24: _The Thanksgiving Da...
- 02/06/14--07:22: _Grace For the Broke...
- 05/23/14--05:10: _Considering Suicide...
- 05/29/14--04:42: _Considering Suicide...
- 10/02/14--07:49: _Tips of Grace
- 12/12/14--09:39: _Confessions of a Pr...
- 02/11/15--07:17: _Confessions of a Pr...
- 03/25/15--04:57: _What Does Recovery ...
- 05/07/15--05:39: _Encouraging Words
- 06/12/15--06:00: _Is this the Real Pe...
- 06/18/15--14:37: _DESIRE: The Cry of ...
- 01/28/13--07:43: I’m Just Not Motivated!
- 02/21/13--10:18: No Thought, After Thought & Fore Thought: The Process of Loving Well
- 03/28/13--08:16: Christ-Reflecting Biblical Counseling: Part 1
- 04/02/13--06:51: Christ-Reflecting Biblical Counseling: Part 2
- 06/14/13--11:53: Father’s Day Worship
- 07/03/13--14:18: Praying With Your Spouse
- 08/23/13--06:26: When You Are Disappointed in Your Spouse
- 09/12/13--07:54: The Teen Challenge – Life As A Christian Teen
- 10/14/13--07:46: From Bitter to Better
- 02/06/14--07:22: Grace For the Broken: Gossip
- 05/23/14--05:10: Considering Suicide (Part 1)
- 05/29/14--04:42: Considering Suicide (Part 2)
- 10/02/14--07:49: Tips of Grace
- 12/12/14--09:39: Confessions of a Professional Christian
- 02/11/15--07:17: Confessions of a Professional Christian – Going to Church
- 03/25/15--04:57: What Does Recovery Look Like After Traumatic Experiences?
- 05/07/15--05:39: Encouraging Words
- 06/12/15--06:00: Is this the Real Peace of God?
- 06/18/15--14:37: DESIRE: The Cry of our Hearts – Audio Sessions
I know I should get off my rear end and get some work done…but I’m just not motivated. I often find myself in this position. That is, sitting on a lazy boy watching TV or being in front of the computer. Sometimes I just prefer to do nothing than to do something. Why? Good question. […]
“Wow, that didn’t even occur to me.” This is the thought that occurs when a person asks a question about something that doesn’t even cross their mind. It doesn’t have to be something important, just a topic that you haven’t really thought about or thought through. In marriage, it is the thought that comes when […]
In preparing for a Biblical Counseling Conference, I stumbled upon a blog from a woman who had been raised in a fundamentalist Christian Church. In reading her experiences as well as some experiences of others who have been raised in a fundamentalist church, I am grieved by how many people who are “put off” by […]
In Part 1 of Christ-Reflecting Biblical Counseling, I shared how true Biblical Counseling reflects Christ in that it is to be 1) administered humbly, must include 2) sharing God’s Word as it is intended, and that it must be 3) clothed in compassion and love. Part 2 below continues my thoughts on how to model Biblical Counseling after […]
In college I was pressured to declare a major. What did I want to do with my life? I had no idea. I took a course called “Interpersonal Relationships” and while taking it, my heart jumped as I soaked in every minute of the course (minus the tests, of course). Shortly after, I declared my major to […]
I had the pleasure of speaking at a Couple’s Seminar this past week and spoke on a topic I had previously not spoken about: Praying together as a couple. Not a week later, I was approached about this topic on two other occasions. Taking the hint, I figured it would be best to write about […]
As a Philadelphia Eagles fan, disappointment was a weekly occurrence in 2012. Just when my hopes would raise on a great play, someone fumbled or threw an interception. Real fans remain fans, even in such disappointment. When there is continual disappointment, however, faith begins to wane and hope becomes hidden in the sea of disappointments […]
The following blog is from my nephew, our guest blogger, David DeLeon (16). The battle of being a Christian teen is challenging. When a battle is fought and won, our character grows because we have learned how to overcome the enemy in a specific situation. When a battle is fought and lost, we stumble, but […]
The term “bitter,” when used in the Scriptures, is not typically a word used with favor. In fact, “bitter” is typically used to describe one who holds contempt for another, or how awful something is. When it reigns in the heart, sin is not far behind. Paul states in Ephesians 4 to “Get rid of […]
On Facebook, I’ve seen petitions for businesses to stay closed on Thanksgiving Day to allow people to stay home and spend time with their families. Businesses, they claim, are only open to make more money. They’re greedy and heartless. It’s called “Black Thursday” because of the blackness of their hearts (not because the sales will help their […]
“Go. Ssssip” said the serpent… (see what I did there? OK. Just checking.) Pastor Matt Mitchell is one of our speakers at the Grace for the Broken Biblical Counseling Conference on March 29, 2014 in the Poconos. He will be speaking on the dangers of gossip within the church and our lives, and the grace to […]
Yes. I’ve considered it. I was 12 or 13 at the time. New home. New school. No friends. I was shy and overweight. Girls? Well, I was just starting to notice the girls, but they didn’t really notice me. They were nice and all, but no romantic interest (as if 12 year-old’s know anything about […]
foundationsfrednational suicide prevention
The following blog is Part 2 of “Considering Suicide.” (Please read Part 1, (click here) first.) OK. Let’s get caught up: The jailer was ready to kill himself, but he stopped midway through his actions and listened to Paul’s words of hope, “We are still here!” Immediately the jailer put down his weapon of self-destruction to […]
foundationsfrednational suicide prevention
Not too long ago, LeSean McCoy, running back for the Philadelphia Eagles, was singled out by a restaurant owner for leaving a lousy tip. The receipt was pictured and placed on the web to embarrass and shame him for his action. According to McCoy, the service was terrible and the low tip ($.20) was all […]
If you’ve been around the Christian environment long enough, you’ve probably heard the phrase, “It’s not about religion. It’s about a relationship.” This is a true statement. Many people just go to church and “do” the professional Christian thing. Arrive at church. Sing. Listen. Leave. And then live their lives with God on the back […]
I was about 7 when I was pretty much forced to go to church (this pic is actually where I went to church!). I didn’t want to go. But after a short time, I actually wanted to go. Why? Because I met a friend and we were best friends til I moved away before tenth […]
Please click the Link below for an article / blog by my friend and former Biblical Seminary Professor, Dr. Phil Monroe. Phil does a fine job briefly articulating recovery after trauma and compares it to the physical healing after surgery. “The Biblical” Dr. Phil is the Director of the Counseling Program at Biblical Theological Seminary […]
Our teen years may have been pretty tough…From internal pressures to being accepted and liked, fears of rejection, hormones, desires, demands, etc…All of it was a bit much…but we got through it. What helped you get through those years? Was it academics or sports? Family or friends? For me, it was God blessing me through […]
Godly Peace ... is not looking at any possible outcomes, but at the One who will turn the outcome into our good, and for His glory.
As promised to those in attendance to our Annual Conference, the sessions below are being made available for free to those who attended. Most of these sessions will only be online until the end of August. Leslie Vernick – The Emotionally Destructive Marriage Leslie Vernick – Intro to Desire (Plenary Session) Mike […]